Washer Head Partially Threaded Self-Tapping Structural Wood Screw
The ASSY® SK Washer Head screw is an engineered self-tapping structural wood screw, with a large washer head that eliminates the need for an additional washer. The screw design reduces wood splitting while offering a precise setting without the need for pre-drilling. Code-approved reliability, the ASSY SK has been awarded an ICC-ESR approval in the United States and the Canadian Construction Materials Centre Reports (CCMC) in Canada.
- Available in diameters of 6 mm (1/4”), 8 mm (5/16”), 10 mm (3/8”) and 12 mm (1/2”)
- Available in lengths of 50 mm (1-3/4”) to 1000 mm (39-3/8”)
- Provides tremendous pull-through capacity
- Each diameter increase also increases the washer head, up to 29.4 mm (1-3/16”) at its largest
- Aggressive ring-thread and self-tapping tip bite into the wood and assure quick and easy installation
- Partially threaded to pull members together tightly
- Equipped with a shank cutter to ease installation
- Counter Thread Tip cuts wood and pushes it aside
- Suitable for ledger board to rim joist connections, and ledger board to stud wall connections
- Ideal for CLT Panel to CLT panel connections
The range of available lengths and diameters make the SK suitable for a broad range of projects from log home building to multi-story mass timber construction.
- Category: Partially Threaded
ETA, CCMC, ICC
Timber Framing, Log Home Building, Mass & Heavy Timber Construction